Monday, June 07, 2010

[Travel] WTF? Ottawa Parking INjustice

I'm sure it's a f**king sh**ty Monday.

Visiting my sister in Ottawa, traveling all the way from Toronto, enjoying a week of quiet life.

Got up a bit early to move my car out of the driveway onto the street, so my brother-in-law can go to work.
After that me and sister take my niece to school, then we did some shopping.
Got home right around lunch, thinking I should just leave the car on roadside instead of pulling it back on to the driveway, as there are few other car parking on the street.


There is this sh**ty Pontiac Solstice parking one of it's wheel on my sister front lawn. It's not the neighbor's car, and doesn't seems to be for people checking out the house on sale that's down the street.

This street is a "P" shape residential street, and it's not linked to any park or play area directly, so only people who lives here or visiting would be parking on the street.

Thinking it's probably going to leave soon, we decided not to go further and find out who is parking on the grass.

When it's time for us to go pickup my niece at school, I saw a little piece of paper clipped on the windshield wiper.

"Oh SH*T!" I said to myself, and ran over to check it, as expected it's a parking violation ticket.
It said I have parked on the roadside for more than 3 hours.
Ottawa On Street Parking Restrictions details that
Parking Prohibited - Whether Signs Have Been Erected or Not:
In excess of three (3) hours between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.;

so yes, I did park there for more than 3 hours and it's right between 7:00am to 7:00pm.

And I was going to pay for the ticket, until I check out the dashboard on the shi*ty Pontiac in front of my Honda Civic.
I was furious! The Pontiac Solstice parked in front of me for more than 3 hours, didn't receive the same parking ticket!

This is selective justice!

After we pickup my niece, I took my digital camera and take a few pictures of the "sports car" as it's still parking in the same spot!


As I check the front of the car, actually it's TWO wheels on grass.
(and you can probably see that I park on the driveway now.)

I understand that the LAW is fixed and if you did something that violated the LAW, you will be punished.
I'm not trying to get away from my parking ticket, as I know in my heart that I did park on the roadside for more than 3 hours during the 7:00am to 7:00pm period.
The police don't even need to have any proof to show me how did they know I parked there for more than 3 hours.

Yet, I still want to challenge this ticket in court, because I really want to find out why this police officer only issue a parking ticket to me (my car), but not the car that is right in front of me.

If the court of law in Ottawa tell me that driving a Pontiac Solstice can get away with parking tickets, I'm sure the sales of this car would increase like 10 times or more, and everyone would stop buying Honda Civic in Canada from now on.

Honda Canada, I'm sorry, but I'm seriously considering selling my 2009 Honda Civic because of this.

Pontiac, F*ck you. I would rather take the bus and will never purchase or drives a Pontiac for the rest of my life!

To the issuing provincial offences officer ELLACOTT, officer number 2551, I don't know why you did this, but I do wish that you can explain to me why you didn't issue a ticket to the Pontiac Solstice.

City of Ottawa, since when it's a Provincial offences to park on the side of a street? Shouldn't it be a city by-law violation?
A Provincial offences, this will probably increase my auto insurance by 15% or something like that.

OH SH*T.

(This post took me 2 hours to complete, and that Pontiac Solstice just left the front lawn at 6pm!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails